Homemade Strawberry Vinaigrette Dressing

I have been clean eating for awhile now and I am always on the look out for a healthy alternative to
dressings and condiments (and desserts too, but that's another post!).

I came across a paleo recipe for a berry vinaigrette dressing which sounded yummy, so I modified it a
little to create my own strawberry vinaigrette dressing since I already had strawberries on hand.


To create this recipe you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup ripe strawberries
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper


If your strawberries are not super ripe, you can broil them in the oven for a few minutes. 
Just make sure to use all the juice that escapes!

Place all your ingredients in a food processor and blend well. 
Then pour into a dressing container of your choosing and enjoy! 



You can use and combine any type of berries in this recipe.  It can also be refrigerated for a week or two, though I find it gets a little thick!
Hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment