Mini Apple Roses

Y'all.
I found a recipe for heaven in a bite.
They're called "Apple Roses". 
Look at these beauties:


They are pretty easy to make, but a little time consuming. To start, you have to slice an apple into really thin slices.


Then you place them in a prepared bowl of water with a small lemon squeezed in (no seeds) and microwave them for about three minutes to soften them.  Once done, drain out all the water and set aside.


The recipe I found called for puff pastry, but I substituted croissants since I had those on hand.  You roll the pastry out thin and slice into rectangles.  I found I was able to cut one roll of croissants into about 12 rectangles.  Then you smear a dab of apricot preserves on each pastry piece, sprinkle cinnamon, layer a couple apple slices on one side (skin out), fold the opposite half of the pastry over the apples, roll them up carefully and place in a greased muffin tin.



Next, you bake them at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with powder sugar and enjoy!  They are SO good warm...


Here's the original YouTube video recipe I based these of of:
https://youtu.be/5rGrwvEjZIQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment