Save the Date

I am attempting several DIY projects for our wedding, and thought I would share them here with you. I am currently working on our wedding invitations and they are a huge job! The main reason for that (besides the number I have to make) is probably because I'm so darn picky and a perfectionist! :) First up for show is our save the date:


We used our wedding photographer's photo booth (Wes Sewell Photography) and I printed out the signs we're holding. It took us about eight tries to get a strip that worked since we only had three seconds between shots to change signs and look pretty! It was a little hectic, but still a fun experience and everyone has really liked them.




Above are the invitations I created for our engagement party. I printed the information on vellum and attached it on top of navy cardstock by punching holes in the top and tying them together with raffia. (FYI: If your envelope is thicker than 1/4" you will have to add extra postage. I found this out the hard way when I went to mail these. My hand tied bow was just too thick! Lesson learned!) All in all, I think they turned out quite cute. :)






(Linking up to Saving Money Living Life and Just a Girl)

2 comments:

  1. The save the date cards and the party invitations are both adorable! I really like the wraphia on the invitation. It "works". =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those invitations are gorgeous! I'm sure your wedding will be beautiful- you are very talented. Thanks for stopping by our blog on Friday and linking up- we love having you participate!

    ReplyDelete